Followers

Friday, March 4, 2011

A Sketch Challenge

A challenge, a challenge a wonderful sketch challenge! There is a new challenge starting over at Guylou’s Inimitability. And to participate all you have to do is follow the policy listed on GI's blog and follow this wonderful sketch that Carmen (from the design team) supplied for us: 
If you do not have an image from Guylou's Inimitablity yet check out her group on CDAC or her store.
Did you know that March is reading month? I didn’t, but then again it’s always reading month in my house. I am a reading fanatic. Love all kinds of books. Everything from annoyingly sweet love stories to true crime novels. I just love to read. It keeps the mind active. Anyhooo, let’s get back to the challenge. We design team members got to use either Marysse or Caroline. Now any of you who have ever checked out Guylou’s Inimitability Store know that all of her digital stamps are wonderful so when it came to the choosing of using one digi….I just couldn’t….so I made a card with both.
The first one I used Marysse and at first wasn’t sure if I liked how the card came out. In my head I saw her sitting in a comfy chair; all soft and cushy so I thought FLOWER SOFT. What a great product to use to make that chair look soft and comfortable. But it was kinda too puffy, so I printed her again and cut just Marysse out and added her with foam tape. I used papers that I felt were a little subdued to go with a more sophisticated woman! OK, here is what I came up with:


I used:
Hair: Y28, Y38, Y08, Y02             Skin: E00, E000, E0000         Dress: YR07, YR18 w/N2 all over
Book: E39, E35      Chair: flower soft      Paper: Crate Paper, Restoration
On the second card I went a little girly because Caroline just strikes me as a happy go lucky young girl. I actually thought I had finished the card, took pictures and all, but upon looking at the pictures I felt it was missing something. I happened to have my box of rhinestones sitting on my table and had an aha moment and added them. I did the actual background with a dgital paper kit. Here is how this one turned out:
I used:
Hair: Y23, E35, YR23      Skin: E21, E01    Cheeks: R20    Shirt: RV34, R85   Shorts: YG45, YG17               Shadows: N0, N3    The digital papers are from First Flowers Rhinestones from I-rock
The papers look pretty good for being digital, ya think?
Make sure that you check out all of the other design team members because you are about to have your mind blown by all the talent these ladies have! Don’t hold back; leave them all some love. And check out Barbara, our guest designer’s blog as well. You can find it here: http://forgottenscraps.blogspot.com/   

Have fun and I hope you enjoy yourself! Don't forget to post your card and link back to GI's blog. It is due by March 17th at 10 pm.

5 comments:

Two Dogs and a Book said...

Kim... your cards are beautiful! I love the idea of flower soft for the sofa and the bling swirl on the other is really dressing up the card!!
Fabulous work!
Cheers!
G

Brenda said...

Well, you are right Kim, your rhinestones are the perfect touch. Love both cards. Love your flowersoft chair!!
I was noticing that you don't have Dana's picture of copics on your sidebar. You have got to put your name in for her goodies!! And so does Gina, she has a great bunch of goodies you need to get up!! :)

Gina K said...

Cute cards, Kim! I especially like the one with Caroline. The flowersoft with Marysse was a neat idea. I love that stuff!

Carmen said...

You made two wonderfull cards!

Sara I. said...

Fabulous cards Kim - love the fluffiness of the couch and the sentiment on the first one - and on the second card, I love your paper choices and the bling in just the right spots ;)