Followers

Friday, August 12, 2011

I Stink At Naming Blog Posts!

Here is a card that I made using some new paper from DCWV that is called Tattered Time. Now I am one of those impulse shoppers when it comes to my craft supplies....I mean how can you go wrong??? You see something and you buy it....you don't second guess your self. Right? You gals all do the same thing RIGHT? Please agree or my husband will think I have the problem! LOL Now seriously I really do shop that way...I will walk into Joann's or Micheal's and just buy what I want....there are a few times that I will walk in with a purpose but usually it is just let's see what's new. 


So I walked into Joann's and saw Tattered Time and thought that this will work perfect with all of the "Steampunk" images that are fast becoming popular. I had all of these visions in my head of all the digis I had that will work. THEN I got home. Don't get me wrong I still love the papers but it seemed like I couldn't get anything to work together! So this is my first try using this paper:






I kept it pretty simple...wanting the papers to pop a bit without a lot on it. I added some buttons from my stash, colored "Ariana" from Anita Be Stamping with copics, and used star gel pen for her wings. Still not sure if I like it. Hope you do!!! HUGS!

These are the challenges I am hoping to enter:

Cute Card Thursday   Clean and simple
Delightful Challenges   Things with wings
Flutterby Wednesdays  Must include butterfly, fairy or angel 
Moving Along With The Times   Fantasy


11 comments:

THERESA said...

I think it is simply gorjuss, love it!!!
Tell hubby , we( ALL WOMEN) , lol, have the same 'problem'..........hehehhe
LUG

sallysbitz2 said...

Your card is gorgeous x

I think ALL crafters are the same Lol. The truth is we don't need it we just want it, & why should't we x

Thanks for joining us @ Delightful Challenges & Good Luck x

hugs sally x
sallysbitz.blogspot.com

Two Dogs and a Book said...

Great buy!! I wish I had crafts stores near by. I am planning a trip to the US soo to get some crafts supplies!
Your card is gorgeous!! You colored the image so perfectly! Love it!
Cheers!
G

Dawnll said...

I think it is perfect with your image.Adorable card
Please, impulse buying especially with paper is right up my alley!
I am ashamed to ADMIT how much paper I really own- had projects in mind for most of it at one time.

Trina said...

Yeah, I have that issue! They love to see me walk into the stores!

This card is gorgeous!! I love the colors and the row of buttons!

Anonymous said...

Oh this is so very sweet!! LOVE your image with the glittery wings and the fun layout with the buttons!! :) Have a great weekend!

debby4000 said...

Fabulous, cute card.
luv
Debby

Hazel (Didos) said...

Ah this is a super card,what a stunning fairy,thanks for joining in on MAWTT this week Hazelxoxo

Sara I. said...

I absolutely LOVE it!!! You've colored her gorgeously and wings are amazing!! Awesome papers and love the design. Lovin' those buttons!! What fun would crafting be without impulse buying?!?! heheh

Lisa Jane said...

oh what gorgeous sparkly wings ..wonderfully pretty card
Thanks for joining us this week at MAWTT
Lisa x

Julie said...

Gorgeous. Love the glittery wings. Thank you for joining us at Cute Card Thursday!

Julie