Followers

Friday, October 7, 2011

Breast Cancer Awareness Month!

October is Breast Cancer Awareness. Breast cancer is the most frequently diagnosed cancer in women and the second leading cause of death. Your best weapon against breast cancer is EARLY DETECTION through two common methods of breast screening: breast examination (self and clinical) and screening mammography. Your health is important; you are important. Take good care of yourself.

Our next challenge at Guylou's Inimitability is one that is near and dear to my heart...literally because it is one to celebrate breast cancer awareness! But also because cancer seems to run rampant in my family...both maternally and paternally. I will not go into depressing details but suffice it to say, I get checked out periodically. OK back to the challenge!

Our host this week is the lovely and talented, Sara! And she wants your projects to be mostly in PINK and have a PINK ribbon. You must check out her blog and see her fantastic creation! And check out my side bar for all of the other design team members blogs!

Now for me PINK is easy. I love pink. My favorite color growing up was always blue but about 10 years ago BAM I changed! Now I like PINK. Weird, I know!

I went to the dollar store a few weeks ago and bought a few glass candle holders, vases and found some cute shadow boxes SOOOOOO I decided to make a shadow box for this challenge! I painted it on off white, thinking it would match any decor, added pieces of paper from a pad I bought, added a rhinestone ribbon some sentiments, poem and of course added Leah w/Ribbon!


The poem I got from a site onine that was written by a nurse, that worked in the cancer ward.
I really liked the words and the meaning behind them.
It's a bit blurry but I think you can read it ok!

This challenge starts today and continues until the 20th of October!
There are so many new images that Guylou has created so make sure you check them out at the store.
Follow the challenge rules and have some fun!
The other team members are listed on the left so go give them some love! And our guest designer is Patti...you can check out her blog here.
Guylou designed a new image in honor of the Breast Cancer Awareness program and for reaching over 250 followers on this blog. Gabrielle and ribbon is available for free between October 7th and 14th at Guylou's Online Store. Please use the code BCA-GABRIELLE at check out to get her free.

HUGS!!!!
  

7 comments:

Sara I. said...

I think this is one of THE most gorgeous shadow boxes I've ever seen. The poem is absolutely gorgeous and definitely got me a bit choked up!! Love the pink glammed up ribbon in the corner and fabulous papers you used! Amazingly beautiful! ~hugs

Brenda said...

I can not believe you found that at the dollar store. I am going to start looking!! This is so fabulous I can't even tell you!! I love, love, love it and want to run out and make one for a dear friend of mine!! Thanks for the inspiration!
hugs~Bren

Two Dogs and a Book said...

Kim... the shadow box is such a wonderful and creative idea!!! I will have to check at my dollar store to see if they have any. I love the poem and all the elements which are so uplifting. Having Leah and Ribbon on the outside of the box is awesome. I really think this is one of the most wonderful projects I have ever seen! Well done!
Cheers!
G

THERESA said...

Just been to the challenge blog and saw this project of your, WOW .... WOW, really stunning and not just saying, but meaning it, that is a treasure for life!!
Keep well that side and lotsa luv

Gina K said...

This rocks, Kim. What a great idea to make a shadowbox. I love that poem you added, too, and the little bra in the one box. Cute, cute, cute!

JustYolie said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!
Please come and join Link Up for Pink! We have over $3K worth of giveaways (153 prizes)! Guylou is one of our sponsors! :)
Yolie
www.JustYolie.com

Ellis said...

Beautiful shadowbox! =)
Hugs, Elenor