Followers

Thursday, January 12, 2012

It's An Anything Goes Challenge!

This month at Scrapper's Delights we are having not only
a huge sale but a fantastic challenge!
It is an anything goes challenge for the month of January!


You can get all the deets on the website.


I made a keepsake box for my daughter for Valentine's day.
I was worried never having tried this before.

I found a few tutorials but this one seems to be the best. They call it a "drop spine box".
I wanted to make it a different size so I came up with my own size.
 I made it to hold 5 1/2 square cards but decided to use it
as an actual box for Jenna!
I used the new "Love Fairy" that will be released on the 16th!
Get ready there will be several new items released this month!






I messed up on the larger fairy...when I went to put versa mark on it for the
embossing powder I grabbed the frost one rather than the clear!
But it still turned out pretty good!
For my first try! LOL

I colored the images with copics and prisma markers, added chrome
letters from my stash, beads from Micheals, flower from prisma and rhinestones from Recollections!

Can't wait to see what you create for this months challenge!

HUGS!!!!

My TIP:
Measure twice and then cut...especially if you only have two
 pieces of the paper and it is a huge project!
AND don't forget the ribbon tie...like I did!

I would like to enter this project in the following challenges:

Anything Goes Challenge                                                       Anything Goes
Top Tip Tuesday                                                                   Anything Goes
Hooked On Crafts                                                                 Try Something New
Lexi's Creations                                                                     Anything Goes
Truly Madly Crafty Challenge                                                Anything Goes                                     

12 comments:

Kate said...

Very Pretty Kelley.

Hugs,
Kate

Star said...

This is so cute, Kim!! What a fabulous box...Jenna is going to LOVE it! That fairy is just adorable. I love those wings... =D

xx Star

Stampers Delights said...

What a fantastic project!
And that is a wonderful keep sake in its self Hun

Thank you for sharing this with us
Love Janice

Shelby said...

What an amazing crafter you are! Your daughter will be over the moon with this completely great box! Beautiful work Kim

Shelby

Mandy said...

What a fabulous project,lovely image and colours...Thanks for joining in with us at Hooked on Crafts,hope to see you next time....
Mandy x

Joanie said...

Brilliant box and the decoration is fab. Thank you for joining us at Anything Goes

Anonymous said...

Lovely Keepsake box your daughter will LOVE it! Thanks for joining in with us at Top Tip Tuesday Challenge this time, Hope you can come play again soon, hugs Samantha :0)

Don't forget the challenges are Now fortnightly and you can enter 3 times each Challenge too! :0)

Lynne said...

Fabulous project, your daughter will love it. Thanks for joining us over at Anything Goes this fortnight. Lynne x

Caroljenks said...

What a beautiful box and a very good Top Tip too - my husband is a 'tradesman' and always says that too ...apart from the bit about the ribbon ;)

Thanks for joining us over at Top Tip Tuesday and we look forward to seeing you next time too :)

Carol x

Jo said...

Fab project and the fairies so pretty. Thanks for joining us at Lexi's this time and good luck!
Jo x

Deneen said...

Great keepsake box, the fairies are a perfect touch. Thanks for joining the Anything Goes Challenge at Top Tip Tuesday.

Lin said...

Oh WOW!!! Just gorgeous! Love the fairies, the design, that stunning flowers, just about everything really.

Thank you for joining us at Lexi's Creations.

Lin xx