Followers

Friday, March 16, 2012

I Feel Purple!

We have a new challenge starting at
My wonderful design team member Trina
came up with the theme this week and that
theme is:

MONOCHROMATIC!

I tried to do a few things that just did not work!
I wanted to change up the plain purple paper I chose just a bit
by using versa mark and a background stamp!
The first time when I added my embossing powder, it
would not heat right...ok I admit it....Igrabbed my fine glitter
that was put in my embossing tray by mistake!
So after a few attempts here is what Icame up with:


 Each layer of paper has a heat embossed stamping
on it. The powder is a irredesent "color" to give it some shine.
I used one of Guylou's latest images called Felcia and the Mushroom.
You get two different images when you purchase her...one with the mushroom
that is plain and one with a design on it! Very cute!

Now you know it would not be a challenge with out rules and prizes.
So make sure you follow the theme and have some fun.
All the deets are on the challenge blog!

Heather is our Guest DT this week!
Check out her gorgous project here.

I would like to enter this in the following challenges:

Fussy and Fancy                              Fairies
Fabulous Friday Challenge              Things With Wings
Fluterby Wednesday                   Card For A Child
Crafty Sentiments                   Things With Wings
Part Time Tuesdays                       Monochromatic

6 comments:

Tracy S said...

Glad to hear I was not the only one that struggled with this challenge. Your struggling paid off because this is gorgeous! I love the subtlety of the embossing and all the fab flowers.

Gina K said...

Kim, I love all of the bling! The whole card is just attention-grabbing with the bling and shades of purple.

Trina said...

Just so you know, I just left Gina's blog and added you to the beating list. There was another choice for this challenge! :D All the same, I think your card looks fantastic with all that shimmer and purple!

Chana Malkah said...

Kim, I love all the purples! Really nice design. Just so you know, I "beat" Trina as well. I bet she won't try this again (LOL)

Chana

Shelby said...

This is so striking and just love love love all of the purples you've used! Looks wonderful

Shelby

Two Dogs and a Book said...

Purple used to be my most favorite color in the world, then I discovered pink. But after seeing your card... purple is back on top! :) You did fabulously on the challenge! Your card is stunning!!!
Cheers!
G